Making a Claim
In the event of an incident that you believe may give rise to a valid claim please advise us as soon as possible via this online form or via our contact information.
What you should do:
To check if you have a valid Claim
- Refer to the relevant section of the Policy, e.g. Buildings, Contents.
- Establish the cause and consult the relevant paragraph of your Policy to ensure that this cause is covered.
- Check that you have complied with all conditions relevant to your claim.
- Read the Claims settlement paragraph of the relevant section.
- If necessary, tell the Police or the Credit Card Authority.
- Obtain estimates as soon as possible for repairing damage. Any temporary repairs necessary to make your property weatherproof (if, for example, the roof has been damaged) can be put in hand immediately. However, insurers should be given the opportunity to inspect the damage before permanent repairs are done.
- If somebody is holding you responsible for damage to their property or bodily injury to them, tell us immediately and provide full details in writing as soon as possible; send us immediately the Writ, Summons or other legal documents served on you or your family.
You must not admit, reject or negotiate on any claim without the insurer's written consent.
What we will do:
- Where the damage is serious we will arrange for somebody to visit you as soon as possible
- In other cases, we will let you know if we need any more information. In most cases, we will be able to settle your claim on the basis of the details obtained in the Claim form we will ask you to complete.